5 Best Places To Visit In November In India
November is a great time to explore India as it is the month when rains bid adieu and the winter slowly makes its way. Every part of the country starts enjoying a comfortable climate. This time is perfect for planning a short or a long trip to any part of India. With so many destinations and November being one of the peak seasons, where to travel is a big question for the general tourists. Well, here is a list of 5 best places to visit in November in India:
1. Pushkar, Rajasthan– November is an apt time to explore Rajasthan. Pick Pushkar amongst all other places of Rajasthan is because of the Camel Fair celebration. Pushkar is about 11 km from Ajmer. A religious town, Pushkar celebrates the biggest Camel Fair in the world in which around 50,000 camels take part. Pushkar Lake, Brahma’s Temple, Aptaeshwar Temple, Varaha Temple, etc. are some of the must-visit places in Pushkar. The city offers the best desert safari in India as it is the first desert city of Thar. The Israeli population in Pushkar can surprise you.
Nearest Airport is Sanganer Airport which is approximately 146 km away. Ajmer railway station serves the city and it is roughly 15 km away. The well-connectivity of the road makes Pushkar an easily accessible place from Delhi and north India.
2. Delhi– November is the best season to be at country’s capital. Delhi experiences a soothing November. Start your day from Akshardham Temple and within 2-3 days slowly you will complete all the heritage sites. Qutab Minar, Purana Qila, Lodhi Garden, Red Fort, Humayun Tomb, Tughlaqabad Fort and many more will complete your trip.
Dedicate a few more days and have a look at some of the popular places of young people which includes Delhi Haat, Hauz Khas, Connaught Place, etc. which are some of the great places to hangout and shop at.
Indira Gandhi International Airport is the biggest airport of the country. Almost all the major cities and towns are directly connected to Delhi. Check the IRCTC train enquiry for the list of trains available from your city.
3. Shantiniketan, West Bengal- West Bengal have different attractions. Shantiniketan is one of the famous places in Bengal. Often known as the Tagore Land, Shantiniketan is very romantic. It houses the well-known Visva Bharati, as the name suggests, this university town is very peaceful. The greenery, the open-air classes, the heritage housing complex of Rabindranath Tagore and the museum are the attractions of the place. The tribal village of Sonajhuri, Khoai, Sonibarer Haat( Saturday haat), all will win your heart. A very modern yet rural feel, Shantiniketan is one of the best destinations for a weekend trip.
Bolpur is the nearest railway station to Shantiniketan. You will get enough trains from Howrah to Bolpur or you can book cabs from Kolkata.
4. Amritsar– There is no specific time to explore Amritsar. But you can see Amritsar in this list because of the grand celebration of Guru Nanak Jayanti. This colourful and one of the biggest festival of Punjab commences this month. The celebration takes place in the Golden Temple. The grand sight of the temple complex during this month and the thousands of devotees gathering here will mesmerise you. It is an exquisite view and one of the best places to visit in November.
Amritsar airport, Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport is 11 km from the town. Amritsar railway is well-connected with other major railway stations of the country. Regular buses from different North- Indian cities ply to Amritsar.
5. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh- The Dev Deepawali or the Ganga Mahotsav commences on the month of November. A huge flock of tourists and pilgrimages gather on the banks of Ganga to celebrate Diwali. The grand aartis and sight of more than hundreds of glittering diyas will surprise you. Varanasi is a good choice to explore in November.
Varanasi has both the airport and railway station. Buses from other parts of the state regularly ply to Varanasi.
So, pick from these fabulous destinations and plan your trip this November. Have a safe journey.
Dimpy Roy is a travel writer working with an Online Travel Guide. She guides travelers about best places to visit in November in India and choose the best one.