Are You Eligible For Federal Skilled Trades Program Canada?
Who are federal skilled workers?
In countries like Canada, the skilled workers are the people who are chosen as the permanent residents of the country as per their work experiences, educational backgrounds, language proficiencies etc. It is basically the process of offering the immigrants a chance to become the permanent residents quickly if they have certain potential and skills. For the entry to various skilled programs, completion of an express entry profile for the immigration process has been made mandatory since 1 January 2015 by the government of the country. People are invited under this entry system so that they can apply for the federal skilled trades program Canada as well as for their permanent residence visa. The selection is then made on the basis of information they have filled in the application form. Direct entries to these programs cannot be made unless the person receives an invitation from the authorities for applying.
Opportunities in brief
Every year, opportunities are opened in different fields and areas for the ones who are interested in becoming the federal skilled worker Canada. The maximum intake through this program has been recorded to be 3000 once, but keeps on varying on yearly basis. The employment is available in one of the following economic sectors-
- Industrial sectors– Workers who have skills to get a job in the industries of the country.
- Construction and electrical sector– People who can work well if they are given the tasks in these areas.
- Equipment operations and maintenance– Maintaining and operating equipments is another sector that has open employment opportunities.
- Agricultural and production industries– Skilled workers are in demand too for these industries.
- Transportation– One of the important departments of the country requires workers.
- Manufacturing and processing– Employees with relevant skills are in demand too.
- Cooks and chefs– People are required for these jobs in hotels and restaurants.
- Bakers and butchers– Other than the food industry, these trades also require skilled hands.
Criteria for eligibility
There are a number of factors that can affect one person’s eligibility for the program. The assessment of the workers by the Canadian authorities is primarily done on the basis of skills and knowledge they have. Various fields in the application form are designed for the evaluation purpose only. Here in this article, we will talk about the necessary and important fields that will play a major role in deciding if you are eligible or not.
- Proficiency in languages– People wishing to live in Canada should provide the details and documents related to their English and French Language knowledge.
- Overall work experience– Work experience is another thing that matters the most in the application and the person must have at least 24 months full time experience.
- Permanent job offer proof– The proof that you have been offered a full time job in the country is also a requirement.
So if you are to apply for it, these few things are what you should remember before proceeding to fill the actual form.