Factors To Consider When Chartering A Boat For A Week-Long Vacation
So you’re looking to explore the seven seas or maybe just your local river? Why not charter a boat? It can be the vacation of a lifetime when planned correctly. Planning the perfect boat charter vacation can be a confusing task. There are a number of important things to consider before you dive head first into your next endeavor.
- Be sure to book early. It’s extremely important to book your charter boat vacation well in advance of the vacation date. Keep in mind school holidays and other public days, as these dates tend to be booked up a whole lot quicker than other dates. If you’re heading to a more popular destination, chances are it’ll also be booked well in advance. So save yourself the disappointment and make sure you book well ahead of schedule.
- Do a head count. When planning the perfect charter boat vacation it’s important to keep numbers to a manageable number. Charter prices vary pretty dramatically depending on how many people are on board. The supplies involved in catering for more people go up exponentially, so be sure to give an accurate number with plenty of advance warning.
- Select the perfect boat. There are a variety of different kinds of boats available and each type is suited to a different kind of vacation. If you’re looking for more of the adventurous holiday, then a sailboat might be your idea of fun. However, if you’re looking for a cruise vacation around the Caribbean, you’ll want to consider a luxury yacht with an on board Jacuzzi, snorkeling gear, and jet skis. Be sure to consider how big of a crew you’d like on board, whether it’ll be just the captain or a full team of crew.
- Select a destination. Most people choose to go on a charter boat vacation because they prefer to savor the journey, not just the destination – and that is certainly one of the perks to traveling by boat. However, it’s still important to know where you want to go and what to expect when you get there. Some things to consider when selecting your destination might include the weather, travel options, what type of boat can travel where, how far away the destination is, and what kind of shore and water based activities there might be available to you. An experienced charter vacation specialist such as All Rivers & Saltwater Charters can help you make these kinds of decisions.
- How much do you want to spend? Your budget is an incredibly important factor to consider when choosing to sail by boat. Going on a charter boat vacation can be an enormous undertaking that can rack up a hefty bill if you’re not careful. There are numerous things to consider such as fuel, crew and captain’s fees, bar and food catering, fishing supplies, and much more. Be sure to clarify what is included when you get a quote, as you don’t want to be left disappointed when you show and there is just a rubber dingy awaiting you. There is a usually a daily damage insurance fee that will be included. This can vary significantly depending on the region.
Tags: boat charter vacation