How To Pick The Perfect Landscaping Plants For Your Yard
If you are in the process of landscaping your own garden or yard, there are a few things you want to take into consideration. You don’t want to spend a bunch of time and money on plants, only to find out that they won’t grow in your yard. If you’re not really sure where to start, here is how to pick the perfect landscaping plants for your yard.
- Choose plants that are native to your region. If you want to really reduce the amount of water and overall effort required to keep your yard alive, it’s a good idea to go with flora that are natural to your regional habitat. Native plants are a very classy way to give an appreciative nod to the community in which you like to call home. Those plants will thank you by staying vibrant and lush for years to come.
- Choose plants with colors that complement the color, or colors of your home. When you landscape your yard, you want to be sure you’re choosing plants that really work with the color scheme of your home. After all, your yard is just an extension of the rest of your domicile, so you don’t want your house and your yard to clash. If your house is accented with a white trim, then you want to think about planting flowers with white petals here and there, or even white leaves.
- Pick hearty plants that last for more than just one season. When it comes down to it, there are plants that can withstand all kinds of weather conditions, and there are plants that can only survive in very particular weather conditions. If you don’t want to keep digging up dead plants and buying new ones, it may be a good idea to find hearty plants that can make it through the harsh winters and the sweltering summers. Of course, if you live in a place where the temperatures don’t change too dramatically, this won’t really be a problem.
- Know the changing conditions within your yard. Inevitably, there are going to be some sides of your yard that get very little sunlight because they will always be under the patio cover or under the shade of an awning. There will also be other areas that are constantly under the beating sun. It’s important to know exactly which kinds of plants like those differing environments so that you can plant them accordingly. If you go to MorGreen Landscape and Nursery, they can tell you about all the different native plants and what kinds of conditions they prefer, but it’s up to you to plant them in the right places.
- Be sure to find plants that will survive in your particular type of soil. You may want to take a sample of the soil in your yard with you to the nursery so that you can have one of their experts advise you on which plants will grow best. In all likelihood, the soil may differ from one side of your house to the next. If this is the case, you will want to bring in multiple samples of soil so that they can help you pick out plants for the different parts of your garden.
Tags: Landscaping Plants