How To Use Glass In Your Home To Make It Look Glamorous
Glass has been a material that has been perfected over thousands of years. Since its invention, it has been used in everything from shielding windows to allowing astronomers to see the stars. Today, glass decor takes a whole new meaning. With new technologies, glass can be used in a number of capacities inside the home. When it comes down to it, if you are tying to give your home a luxurious edge, you will find that materials like marble and onyx are too expensive. The truth of the matter is that glass is much more affordable and it is a lot easier to mold to your liking. If you are remodeling your home, you may want to explore some ways that glass can make your home look a lot more modern and updated. Here is how to use glass in your home to make it look glamorous.
- Crushed glass and white frames – this combination will give your home an amazing, luxurious look that will impress anyone that comes through your doors. Crushed glass can be applied to walls and to countertops. Basically, a pane of glass is sandwiched between two tempered pieces of glass – the internal glass is then shattered. It will appear intentionally broken and it will give off a prismatic look that will look not unlike a diamond shining.
- Imperfect glass – you can use this material for walls, floors and other areas of your home. Imperfect glass is not really imperfect – it just looks that way. You may want to ask a company like Imaging Sciences to help get this look in your home. When the glass panels are created, they aren’t flattened or sanded down, which will give the glass an almost tree bark-like appearance that is very glamorous and unique.
- Glass flooring – indeed, glass flooring may seem impractical, but it is actually very utilitarian. Not only will you be able to see the bottom floor – glass flooring is very easy to take care of. Of course, you will need to install large panes of glass to make it safe, but if you want to give your home a luxurious look, you may want to ask your architect or contractor to explore this idea. You can even add this look to stairs if you really want to impress.
- Floor to ceiling glass walls and doors – if you live in a modern or contemporary home, you may want to think about turning your walls into glass. You can even turn your doors into glass. If you have a great view outside your home, you may want to think about exploring this option. Not only will you be able to get the view, but also the sky and beyond.
- Cantilevered glass – you can also install leveled glass panes for things like countertops and tables. Indeed, cantilevered glass will instantly give your home a glamorous look that you won’t be unhappy with. In the end, having glass extensions in your home will add a touch of glamour that will completely transform your home.
Tags: glass decor