Learn The Advantages Of Cooling Systems In An Aircraft
Every day more than millions of people travel to airports all over the world. Every airport requires good cooling systems to be able to make sure a high level of comfort throughout the year. Ground support managers, operational staff, maintenance managers are judged on the basis of their ability to avoid downtime and provide best airport operations. Maintaining real-time monitoring and efficient control of the condition of ground support equipment of an airport increased the reliability of operation and thereby decrease the chances of downtime in an airport.
There are a number of factors that can impact the downtime of an airport, but GSE is one of the best factors. In order to run a smooth GSE operation and prevent downtime due to unavailable, damaged, inoperable equipment, you must do the following points:
- Keep your ground support equipment fleet updated
- Make sure that the operators and workers are safe and are working in a safe working condition
- Ensure regular maintenance of the GSE is done in a timely manner and done reliably
- Balance and manage the utilization of equipment and personnel
There are two main types of cooling systems that are used in an aircraft:
- REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
- AIR CONDITIONING UNIT
The refrigeration system in aircraft doesn’t, so far involves any technical use which has not been used and established in other areas. Refrigeration systems nowadays are being increasingly used for cooling of all types of airplanes in the world. A vapor cycle or an air cycle refrigeration system can be used for aircraft air conditioning. One of the major advantages of the refrigeration unit is that it’s lightweight, while the main disadvantages are poor ground colling and C.O.P.
Air Conditioning in airplanes is quite hard as compared with other transportation modes moving on the land because of cold conditions at the high altitudes and ongoing ambient temperature changes. Air conditioning unit guarantees reliability and maximum comfort in airplanes to the passengers.
A recent introduction of high-speed aircraft in traveling services has increased the importance of refrigeration and air conditioning unit (cooling systems) in the recent years.
WHY ARE COOLING SYSTEMS SO IMPORTANT IN AN AIRCRAFT?
In an aircraft, cooling systems are necessary as they keep the Cabin temperature at a constant and comfortable level. Well, the outside temperature at the higher altitudes are very low, still, the cooling of a cabin is important because of the below-mentioned reasons :
- Large heat generation because of equipment, people inside the aircraft, hot food items, lights etc
- Heat can be generated due to the friction caused by the fast moving airplane.
- Large heat because of the RAM EFFECT has to be removed.
- Heat generated due to solar radiations
ADVANTAGES OF USING COOLING SYSTEM IN AN AIRCRAFT
- Fewer chances of downtime at the airport
- Cooling systems are environment friendly
- It’s safe and non-flammable
- Cooling systems are nontoxic
- It also reduces maintenance costs
So, as you can see how important are cooling systems for an aircraft. Excessive is not good for the aircraft engines. If cooling systems are not used to eliminate or control, heat, complete engine failure or major damage could result.