Preparatory Tips To Ace XAT Entrance Exam
Students who aim to seek admission in management programs offered by Xavier affiliated institutes need to appear for XAT. The full form of XAT is Xaviers’ Aptitude Test which is a national level entrance exam and is a pen paper based exam. The exam is conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute XLRI, Jamshedpur every year.
All those who are planning to appear for XAT Exam in 2018 can go through the below mentioned preparation tips to score good rank in the exam:
- The first and most important thing that you should do is get well-acquainted with the syllabus and exam pattern. Studying without knowing the syllabus and exam pattern will only result in wastage of time.
- Preparing for a competitive exam is just not possible without a proper timetable. The timetable shall include your practice time, study time, revision time as well as free time. A fixed timing for study as well as relaxation will help you to complete the entire syllabus in advance.
- You should choose the chapters for preparation wisely. Pay more attention to the topics and sub-topics that are a bit tricky and then move to the ones that are a bit easy.
- Once you are done with the preparation and have completed the syllabus, then you can start practicing them. This can be done by solving sample papers, previous years’ question papers, taking mock tests etc. Additionally, you can also study in group with friends.
- Remember that nervousness, frustration, and stress are the foes for any preparation. Thus, it is important to maintain a stress-free atmosphere. You can keep yourself free from stress by engaging in activities that will keep you happy and relaxed like for instance listening to music, practicing yoga etc.
- To start with the preparation strategy, you should understand the topics and sub-topics of the exam. In XAT, some parts of Verbal and Logical Ability and the Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation are concept driven. On the other hand, for the General Awareness, you will need to be aware about the changes in the economic and political situation. For the Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning, you will need to practice more and more. The Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning section tests your management skills by presenting various situations and you will need to find the perfect solution to solve the problem.
These are some of the basic tips which if followed can help you to score good rank in XAT.
Exam Pattern of XAT
XAT is divided into two papers. Paper 1 consists of total 78 questions. The entire question paper is further divided into five sections, such as:
- Decision Making/ and Analytical Reasoning: This section includes questions and problems on business and day to day situations. The candidate will have to select the best possible solution to the problem from the options given. Some of the common types of questions include issues involving sales, ethical dilemmas, revenue of a company, scenarios of various management issues and other financial conditions.
- English Language/ Verbal & Logical Reasoning: In this section, the reasoning skills and comprehensive skills of the candidate are tested.
- Quantitative Ability/and Data Interpretation: The questions in this section are usually based on Number system, Geometry, Functions, Data Interpretation and Probability.
- General Awareness: The questions in this section are mostly based on economy, business, political and social. Also questions can come based on books, awards, geography, authors, and history.
- Essay Writing: This section tests the candidate’s logical ability, thought flow, knowledge as well as language skills. In order to score well in this section, regular reading of the editorials of various journals, newspapers, and magazines can be of great help.
All these five sections are further classified into 2 parts i.e. Part A and Part B.Therefore, with correct knowledge of the XAT paper and thorough preparation, you can easily score well in XAT and get into one of the top B-schools of the country.
Tags: XAT Exam