5 Effective Fat-Burning Foods
When you’re battling to lose weight, it can be difficult to understand what foods are better than others when it comes to burning fat. There are countless contrary articles written about what you should and shouldn’t eat and we’re told that eating less is often the best way to go, but there’s no need to starve yourself. If you’re exercising regularly at your local Fitness 19 gym and eating the right kind of fat burning food, then your weight loss should happen a lot more rapidly. Here are 5 effective fat burning foods that every health and fitness junky should know about.
- Whole grains. Whole grains are a really great way to burn fat as you chew your food. They are a much healthier option than processed foods because your body burns twice as many calories when breaking down these whole grain rich foods, especially fiber rich foods like brown rice and oatmeal. So switch out the white bread for whole wheat bread and pasta and watch the difference it makes to your waistline.
- Eggs are extremely rich in protein and it’s been proven that they even contribute to weight loss. Eggs build the lean muscle tissue (due to the fact that they contain all nine amino acids) and therefore they have a great fat burning ability. If you want to maintain muscle, then you need more calories rather than more fat. So replace your sugary cereal with eggs each morning and you’ll notice a change.
- Avocado is a superfood as it has the ability to switch off the body’s fat storage hormones, thus enabling your body to burn fat a lot quicker. It also has the ability to boost your body’s metabolism because it protects the energy producing parts of the cells in the body from free radicals. Stop eating unhealthy snacks and try avocado with a little sea salt and tomatoes.
- Peanuts and Brazil nuts. These nuts contain certain properties that enormously contribute to the body’s ability to burn fat. Peanuts are extremely fibrous and help to curb your calorie intake and boost your metabolic rate even when you’re not exercising at all. Having said this, they should be eaten in moderation, like all good things, because they are also rich in calories. Brazil nuts also boost the metabolism and help bind the toxins in the body and prevent their storage in fat cells, which would lead to cellulite. Brazil Nuts are a great snack that can also be cracked and sprinkled on salads and snacks.
- Lean meat. Lean meat is a fantastic way to burn calories while you eat. It’s obviously very rich in protein, and protein is a notorious fat burner. In fact, protein rich foods like lean meat can actually burn up to 30% of the calories that the food contains during digestion. Lean meat is obviously much better than fatty meat, so be sure you’re getting the leanest cut possible, such as skinless chicken breast, beef, turkey or lean pork.
Tags: Burning Foods